LAP’s Refugee Rights Group focuses on the ways in which lawyers can support refugees in transit, temporary settlements and in the UK. LAP has funded legal aid provision for asylum seekers on the Greek island of Lesvos and members of the group developed LAP’s series of legal confidence sessions for refugees in the UK, which was launched by Lady Hale at Surrey University in February 2020. The sessions cover topics from family and finance to adult education and criminal justice and are now running in partnership with local refugee charities across the UK.
To join the group, get in touch.
- Update: Critical need for legal services after Moria camp fire
- Fire in Moria refugee camp – time to take action
- “The New Normal” – an update from Moria Refugee Camp, Greece
- COVID-19 and its Impact on Human Rights: a discussion with Oxfam. Tuesday 21 July 2020, 1900-2030. Free webinar.
- Launch of Refugee Legal Confidence Programme in Surrey by Lady Hale at University of Surrey, February 2020