Since LAP’s launch in 2015, members have volunteered on a range of projects from regional observational visits to law book collections for universities around the world. Whatever stage you are at in your career, whether you are in the private, public or non-profit sector, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved with LAP.
Our programmes have a number of opportunities to get involved:
- Get paired with a lawyer in another region to embark on a year of peer mentorship through our Twinning Programme
- Set up a series of workshops with a local refugee charity as part of our Refugee Legal Confidence Programme
- Offer career insights to members of our Junior Lawyers’ Network through our Mentoring Programme
Our Junior Lawyers Network (JLAP) offers opportunities for universities and student groups to get involved with LAP and set up their own projects.
We partner with the International Law Book Facility to organise shipments of second-hand legal textbooks to organisations around the world including charities, prisons, universities and pro bono projects. If you’d like to organise a book drive, get in touch.
If you or your group would like to fundraise for Lawyers Against Poverty (LAP), we welcome all the support we can get. Visit our JustGiving page for more information on setting up a campaign.
Ad Hoc Volunteer Opportunities
Trustee (Fundraising Experience)
It is an exciting time to join our Board as we implement a new three-year strategy with the opportunity to use your skills and experience to contribute to shaping our future direction.
We are looking for a candidate with knowledge or experience of fundraising, though we recognise that this may take different forms including:
- Charity fundraising strategy development and implementation.
- Fundraising from Trusts and Foundations (at a regional, national, or international level.)
- Corporate fundraising.
- Fundraising from individual donors.
- Fundraising through events and sponsorship activities.
- Fundraising through partnership building and strategic working.
- Leveraging in-kind support (such as opportunities to host volunteer lawyers on secondment, support with logistics in relation to LAP activities.)
- Generally raising the profile of the organisation and enhancing our communications and impact evaluation.
We welcome and encourage evidence of experience from both work and non-work settings such as volunteering and personal life. If you share our vision and want to help us to achieve it, we want to hear from you.
Get in touch to find out more: email@example.com