Our vision is a just world without poverty
We want a world where people are valued and treated equally
We want a world where the poorest are empowered and have access to justice
Welcome to Lawyers Against Poverty. Our vision is to build a community of lawyers across the globe who use access to justice to relieve poverty.
Lawyers Against Poverty was created to focus on the vital role justice can play in ending poverty. As individual lawyers, we work hard to protect the interests of our clients. As part of the Lawyers Against Poverty community, we have the opportunity to influence and bring about change that makes justice a reality for those living in poverty.
We offer members the prospect of getting involved in key activities and opportunities. To join our membership please use the link at the top of the page. If you would also like to contribute to our Justice Fund please use the link below. Your donations will enable us to fund legal projects which promote access to justice for men and women living in poverty.
and help make access to justice a reality
We are offering volunteering opportunities for anyone interested in using their skills to make a difference.
Thematic Groups offer you an opportunity to contribute to our work and expand your legal knowledge in an area of interest to you.
Annual Report 2018
Please take a moment to read our Annual Report for 2018.
- Lawyers Against Poverty Launch Event
- Lawyers Against Poverty – New Director
- COVID-19 and its Impact on Human Rights: a discussion with Oxfam. Tuesday 21 July 2020, 1900-2030. Free webinar.
- LAP Land Rights Free Webinar: Lawyers, Land Transactions and Human Rights. Tuesday 16 June 2020, 1900-2015
- Report on Grant to Support Nairobi Strategic Litigation Conference – October 2019
- Update: Critical need for legal services after Moria camp fire
- Fire in Moria refugee camp – time to take action
- “The New Normal” – an update from Moria Refugee Camp, Greece
- LAP webinar report: Covid 19 & its Impact on Human Rights – a discussion with Oxfam
- Update on conditions in Moria Refugee Camp, Lesvos, Greece